Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Science and Technology (FAST)
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/17
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: Fall 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the Skilled Trades program. This program provides students with a high degree of practical skills and theoretical knowledge in industrial and or construction trade sectors. Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach in the following courses within Skilled Trades:
· Electrical Techniques (PETEQ)
· Mechanical Technician – Tool Making (PMTTM)
· Mechanical Techniques – Plumbing (PLUMB)
· Mechanical Techniques – Tool and Die Maker (PMTTD)
· Welding Techniques (PWLDT)
To view course outlines, visit: www.sheridancollege.ca/academics/programs-and-courses/course-outline-search.aspx
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
- Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
- Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
- Attending periodic faculty meetings
- Licensed/certified in the appropriate skilled trade sector required;
- Minimum of 10 years related professional experience;
- Availability to teach daytime hours is preferred;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
- Formal studies in adult or higher education an asset;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the Skilled Trades industry;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com