Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-Time - Appendix G
Faculty/Department: Ancillary Services (Conference Services)
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 19/PT/10 & 19/PT/11
Hourly Range: $14/hour plus 4% in lieu of vacation
Hours/Week: Up to 35 hours/week
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
Application Details: Position is from April 29 to September 2, 2019 with significant evening and weekend work. Flexibility will be required. Start date is negotiable.
Coordinator will provide support to the Conference Services team, taking a lead in coordinating various aspects of summer conferences and camps, and assisting on-site with special events at all campuses.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Answer telephone & email inquiries, provide exceptional customer service
- Manage administrative requirements of various summer conference groups which includes coordination of A/V, classrooms, residence suites and catering
- Prepare meeting facilities which includes completion of room setups, ensure availability of equipment and assist clients with last-minute requests (e.g. move tables, chairs, etc.)
- Participate in the planning, marketing and execution of promotional events and advertising for Conference Services
- Generate and manage daily content updates on social media accounts and brainstorm ideas for marketing campaigns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a full-time Sheridan student in the academic year prior to the Summer and returning as full-time Sheridan student for the Fall 2019 semester
- Must be eligible for the Ontario Work Study Program: https://www.sheridancollege.ca/admissions/financial-aid-and-awards/work-study-assistance.aspx
- Strong administrative skills, effective communication and troubleshooting via phone, email and in-person
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, ability to adapt under stressful situations and complete assigned tasks
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively handle multiple projects/deadlines at a time
- Must have a professional manner and appearance when on duty, with a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to be diplomatic is essential in this customer service position
- Experience using social media as a marketing tool and the understanding of best practices will be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle will be considered an asset
- A/V knowledge and/or Smart Serve Training will be considered an asset
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
OR email resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.