Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Health and Community Studies
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/98
Hourly Range: $27.06/hour + 4% in lieu of vacation
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Details: Initial contract until March 31, 2019 with possible extension upon review.
The Digital Content Specialist is an integral part of The Faculty of Applied Health and Community Studies (FAHCS) that is responsible for creating, editing, updating, improving and maintaining high-quality web content that can be placed across different web and other digital communication properties. This includes working with Digital Marketing in-house digital content strategist, writers, designers and web staff to produce visually striking and user-friendly website content in a content management system(s); tracking and implementing Faculty communications; and collaborating with Faculty partners and creative staff to execute multi-channel digital campaigns. This position reports directly to the Dean of FAHCS. The Digital Content Specialist will be our Faculty strategic and editorial prime in relation to our digital content and campaigns. This individual will work closely with internal teams to audit, organize, write, edit and manage content for the Faculty. The Digital Content Specialist also will consistently gather and monitor metrics to identify content quality, performance and accessibility compliance, make recommendations, and devise digital content enhancement strategies.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Creates and acquires content for Faculty related website(s) and other online communications media
- Produces and coordinates the design and production of digital assets - including web copy, graphics, video and photographic assets - for strategic use in the Faculty’s digital communication channels
- Develops and enforces content creation, maintenance and archiving policies including adherence to Sheridan’s web standards
- Works with Digital Marketing Team to analyze site usage statistics and content quality to maximize information delivery, enhance usability and accuracy of content, comply with required accessibility standards and increase audience engagement
- Coordinates and maintains a master web content calendar for key web properties in terms of updating, maintaining and refreshing content
- Plans, researches, writes and edits web content by consistently reviewing content, identifying sections that need a greater depth of material and removing outdated material
- Seeks out potential story/photo/video opportunities throughout the Faculty
- Produces and coordinates the design and production of digital assets - including web copy, graphics and video for strategic use in Faculty digital communication channels
- Explores innovative digital storytelling techniques that meet Sheridan’s marketing and communication goals
- Develops and enforces content creation, maintenance and archiving policies including adherence to the Sheridan’s web standards
- Writes and produces multimedia features and articles that support Faculty’s engagement and recruitment efforts in collaboration with the Marketing team, OTR and other institutional partners
- Recommends opportunities for improving user experience, usability and audience conversions
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 3-year diploma/degree in communications, marketing, journalism or interactive multimedia
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in content production environment and creating, acquiring and maintaining content for web properties using the CMS
- Ability to create and deliver compelling content for prospective students and parents, current students, alumni of the college, and other members of the college community
- Exceptional writing, copy editing and proofreading skills with an eye for detail and a style that maximizes web content usability and accessibility
- Knowledge of style guides and writing for higher education and the web
- Experience using Google Analytics or other web analytics software would be an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment, problem solve, organize and prioritize duties, work independently and deal with conflicting deadlines
- Strong ability to research, troubleshoot and analyze written content as it pertains to marketing collateral is also required
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.