Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Financial Services
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/101
Hourly Range: $31.06 - $36.06
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Application Deadline: August 17, 2018
Application Details: This is a temporary replacement position that may continue up to October 31, 2019.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Receivable, Collections and Student Fees, the Business Support Officer performs complex planning, procedural and technical activities to support the operations of the department. Activities relate to student fees processes, developing solutions to streamline working with data from systems outside Financial Services, reporting data to outside organizations, coordinating compilation of annual program fee submission and supporting users in Academic Services/Financial Services with student fee business processes/procedures
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating with Faculties and Administrative departments to collect information on fees to be charged for upcoming year for post-secondary programs;
- Liaising with Academic Services and Enterprise System Services (ESS) to investigate and resolve errors and exceptions generated by the Fee Notification Process as well as updates to the layout of the fee invoice.
- Developing business processes for dealing with exceptions due to system problems that cannot be addressed right away (i.e. processes to manually update student accounts);
- Providing second level procedural and technical support to all staff using Accounts Receivable and Student Records & Admission modules in SA;
- Acting as a super-user for the Student Financials module on fee matters to identify software errors/bugs and participates in upgrade team for Student Financials and PS Financials for the bank reconciliation process;
- Performing account reconciliations (e.g. Payroll and US bank accounts, OneCard accounts), running processes to complete the feeds from SA to PS Financials and providing back up to the team by verifying and posting journal entries in PS Financials;
- Maintaining technical and procedural currency in area of expertise (including up-to-date information about College programs, standards and policies) and in related technology;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 3 year diploma/degree in Accounting/Business, Computer Studies or a related field along, along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with Accounts Receivable related functions, preferably in a post-secondary environment (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience).
- Experience with functional testing for system projects, maintaining system configuration and competing complex reconciliations of general ledger accounts is required.
- Completion of Two Excel Courses, including one at the Advanced level, and completion of courses in Accounting Information Systems.
- Experience maintaining system configuration and completing complex reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Working knowledge of the PeopleSoft SA system and PS Financials;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills to work with project team to resolve conflict situations and demonstrate business processes at meetings along with strong problem solving skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.