Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Information Technology
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/92
Hourly Range: $39.43 - $45.75
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Application Details: Position is being reposted to consider external candidates.
The IT and Asset Management Analyst provides analysis, advice, design and project coordination services to assist College departments with meeting their desktop technology requirements. The incumbent coordinates lease management related to leased computer equipment, coordinates technology roll-overs at the end of leases; provides analysis for business planning, budgeting and life cycle management. The incumbent develops systems for creating and maintaining a central repository of IT related corporate assets.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Communicating with the vendors to ensure the products are being shipped to meet the client’s deadlines and business requirements;
- Coordinating with the shipping/receiving department for smooth delivery, accuracy of products ordered vs. delivered, and secure storage;
- Maintaining the IT department’s spreadsheet on leased equipment which is used for 3-year IT infrastructure budgets, business planning and forecasting;
- Leading the development of a central repository of IT related corporate assets by defining repository’s requirements and reporting functionality; assessment of the overall scope, time lines, resources, and budget for this project
- Assessing and analysing end user’s technology requirements;
- Discussing options and recommends solutions to meet client’s technology needs and requirements;
- Meeting with corporate vendors on regular basis to negotiate best pricing that includes educational and aggressive volume discounts, latest technology standards, and to ensure that service levels are being maintained;
- Negotiating with corporate vendors for best pricing, maintaining current technology standards and best practices;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 4 year degree in Business/Finance, Computer Science or a related field along with a minimum of 5 years of experience with large-scale asset management, familiar with different leasing /purchasing options and their financial impacts, product life cycles and business planning (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience).
- Must have a proven record of managing a large budget and the ability to reconcile variances, in-depth experience with procurement and RFP processes.
- Ability to provide desktop hardware solutions on a large scale is required, preferably in an educational environment.
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills.
- Maintain currency in the vast and ever changing field of information technology procurement in order to effectively provide the required level of expertise, support, and service to the Sheridan community.
- Incumbent will play a major role in implementing a new asset management system, applicants with proven experience in implementing an asset management system will be given greater consideration.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.