Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Facilities Services
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/55
Hourly Range: $15.78/hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: This is a temporary part-time position that may continue until December 31, 2018
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Operations, the incumbent is responsible for shipping, receiving and distributing Sheridan materials and mail as well as maintaining records related to these activities, setting up for events (e.g. tables and chairs etc.) and facilities labour.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Distributing Sheridan materials and mail/courier shipments to internal departments and Faculties utilizing the package tracking system
• Receiving and sorting incoming Sheridan materials and mail/courier shipments, also utilizing the package tracking system
• Assembling and packaging materials for timely distribution
• Collecting goods for external distribution using shipping software programs to log and track shipments
• Maintaining all relevant documentation to include verifying Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) documents with dangerous goods manifest
• Ensuring shipping/receiving area is secure at all times
• Delivering and return tables and chair bookings for College events
• Performing other related duties as assigned
• 1 year of experience in shipping and receiving preferred and Ontario Secondary School Diploma required
• Knowledge of shipping software programs to log and track shipments preferred
• Experience with TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certification will be considered an asset
• Incumbent must be mechanically inclined.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work independently and in a team environment
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.