Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Continuing and Professional Studies
Campus: HMC and Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/54
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: Fall 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for an outstanding individual to join our Faculty team in the Continuing and Professional Studies department. We are looking for a Part-time Teaching instructor for the Introduction level of Microsoft Word and Excel. This individual will be hired for their industry experience and knowledge with MS Office. These courses are for credit and can be used toward the Microsoft Office Applications Certificate. This individual must be able to commit to teaching on Saturdays from 9:00am to 4:00pm for 7 consecutive weeks per term for fall and winter.
To view the course outline, please visit:
Sheridan Instructors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
• Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses
• Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning
• Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
• Attending periodic faculty meetings
• Play an intricate role in student retention efforts
Minimum of two (2) years of experience working on an intermediate/expert level in the following:
• Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel
• Experience with Microsoft Server Windows Environment
• Microsoft Certified Professional or Microsoft Certified Trainer Certificate preferred
• Classroom or public speaking experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.