Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Health & Community Studies (FAHCS)
Campus: May be assigned at Sheridan's Brampton or Oakville campuses
Reference Number: 18/PT/52
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: September 3, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: Both day and evening availability at least two days per week is required.
The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program. This program offers students a comprehensive set of practical and critical skills, as well as knowledge that prepare students to work with children up to twelve years of age. Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach the Field Practice and Seminar courses and supervise students on placement in the ECE diploma program. These courses include:
FLPL15892 – Field Practice and Seminar 1
FLPL20799 – Field Practice and Seminar 2
FLPL29207 – Field Practice and Seminar 3
To view above course outlines, visit: www.sheridancollege.ca/academics/programs-and-courses/course-outline-search.aspx
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
• Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses
• Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning
• Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
• Attending periodic faculty meetings
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field is required;
• Current registration with, or eligibility to register with the College of Early Childhood Educators in Ontario;
• Minimum of three to five years of related Early Childhood Education professional experience;
• Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
• Strong network of ECE professional contacts with other professionals, agencies and employers;
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
• Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.