Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Office of the Registrar
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/47
Hourly Range: $17.19 plus 4% vacation for 6-month training period, $20.16 - $21.98 plus 4% vacation
Hours/Week: 24 hours including one evening weekly and one Saturday on rotation each month
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Reporting to the Manager of Client Services, Office of the Registrar, the Contact Centre Information Specialist will provide front-line telephone support through the provision of time-sensitive, accurate registrarial and general College information. The incumbent will strive to quickly and efficiently respond to a large volume of inquiries in as timely of a manner as possible and, as inquiries vary greatly, the Contact Centre Information Specialist will be responsible for assimilating and maintaining vast amounts of ever-changing information for quick reference. The incumbent provides support for all components of the student life cycle to support enrolment and retention.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Responding to a variety of registrarial specific and general College inquiries regarding post-secondary programs and continuing education from prospective students to applicants, current students, the College community and members of the community;
• Accessing, investigating and interpreting student/applicant information in an accurate and timely manner, (found in either a paper or computerized format) and communicating the appropriate response to the client;
• Determining and responding to the information needs of the client;
• Monitoring of social media platforms;
• Recording of statistical information;
• Participating in outbound call campaigns to support student life cycle;
• Participation in recruitment events;
• Assisting Recruitment and Admission departments;
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a college two year diploma as well as two to three years’ experience in an office and/or customer service environment (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience). Previous Contact Centre experience is an asset. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, judgment, discretion and the ability to work under pressure are required. The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience working in a fast paced team environment is also required. The incumbent will possess excellent customer service skills, tact, diplomacy and sensitivity while assisting the diverse backgrounds and needs of prospects, applicants, students, alumni and the general public. The incumbent must also be familiar with accessing information in a computerized format, knowledgeable of the College and Ministry policies and procedures relating to admissions, registration and academic progress, and familiar with postsecondary programs at Sheridan and other Colleges and Universities.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.