Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Science and Technology (FAST)
Employee Group: Academic
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/F/38
Application Deadline: July 6, 2018 (change to deadline date)
Start Date: August 2018
Salary Range: $62,717 - $108,723 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team. The successful candidate will teach a range of courses including all skilled plumbing studies to students who are registered in our various plumbing programs in the School of Skilled Trades. He/she will also contribute to program and curriculum development in the above mentioned programs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Sheridan faculty provide academic leadership to programs and courses within their areas of expertise and contribute to the creation of a learning-centred environment where students can develop to their full potential. They also contribute to College, Faculty and program excellence by collaborating on a variety of initiatives such as new program development, applied research and alternative delivery strategies.
Professors are responsible for:
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Creating an effective environment for learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and tools to assess student performance that are consistent with the learning outcomes of the course and address multiple learning styles;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process.
- Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
- Licensed Plumber (Trade Code 306A) and a minimum of 8 years experience as a journeyperson in the field;
- G2 Gas Fitter license is an asset;
- Ontario Water Works Association certification in Installation and testing of Back Flow Devices would be an asset (B64 legislation)
- Applicants must demonstrate mastery of current materials, tools/equipment and industry practices;
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Plumbing Code Regulations;
- Formal studies in adult or higher education an asset;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in business or industry preferred;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals, organizations and employers;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment
- Recent participation in ongoing professional development/technical upgrading desirable
- Experience teaching or training in the college environment will be considered an asset.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.