Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Office of the Provost & Vice President, Academic
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/40
Hourly Range: $24.07 - $25.79 plus 4% vacation
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Management of all student registrations and applications with internal and external stakeholders;
• Providing support to the Project Manager with regard to registration activities (i.e. track semester enrolment numbers, withdrawals, demits etc.);
• Verifying student enrollment status against course attendance rosters and initiating action as required;
• Maintaining and updating annual course loading spreadsheets on an ongoing basis;
• Liaising with the Office of the Registrar, other Sheridan departments and external partners to resolve queries;
• Assisting with the scheduling, planning, and coordination of program-related and special events (seat and budget allocations, final numbers for Ministry invoicing etc.);
• Generate enrollment reports, program statistics, final grade reports and communicate to external stakeholders;
• Developing spreadsheets which includes course offerings, course descriptions and student enrollment for course planning purposes;
• Providing general information according to Sheridan’s policies and procedures;
• Explaining operational policies and procedures to students, faculty and staff;
• Managing the Office email mailbox and maintaining the website;
• Composing correspondence as required;
• Ordering daily office and instructional supplies;
• Attending meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes;
• Maintaining student records (i.e. student personal information, grades);
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess a 2 year College diploma in Business or Office Administration, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and practical work experience. In addition, a minimum of 3 years of office experience is preferred. Advanced computer proficiency in a Windows environment with expertise in Microsoft Office is required. Expertise in Microsoft Office Excel is an asset. In addition, a familiarity with systems such as: PeopleSoft, Student Information Systems (SIS), is an asset given that responsibilities require proficiency in current college computer systems and an understanding of the functionalities of work processing, database, and spreadsheet applications. The incumbent must demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment, the ability to problem solve, organize and prioritize duties, make decisions, work independently, and deal with conflicting deadlines. Critical thinking, data analysis skills, ability to research, collect, and synthesize data are required as well as strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.