Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Marketing and Communications
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/38
Hourly Range: $24.55 - $25.13
Hours/Week: 24/hour per week
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Manager, Digital and Social Marketing, the Digital Media Specialist role will leverage experience in the digital marketing space to coordinate and implement digital campaigns within the digital media team to amplify Sheridan’s presence and drive consumer engagement and conversion. This position will be focused on paid social advertising, programmatic and digital display. The individual will also work closely with our media buyer and our Search Optimization Specialist. We are looking for a dynamic individual who will take ownership of digital advertising implement the planning, trafficking and reporting processes to ensure outstanding results. As Digital Media Specialist, you will be leveraging platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Basis DSP/Centro, DoubleClick and Google Display Network to achieve campaign objectives.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Campaign Setup & Launch: Create and manage campaigns, utilizing CPV, CPA, CPC, and CPM pricing models. Manage planning, setup, pacing and reporting of ad campaigns on DSP platforms.
- Campaign Optimization & Maintenance: Post-launch analysis and adjustments (i.e. targeting, bids, creative, budgets, etc.) conducted on a daily basis to meet and exceed KPIs.
- Strategic Execution: Compare the current campaign execution strategies with new ideas to test and iterate to find incremental improvements. Propose and implement a/b testing. Gather learning from analytics and a/b testing results to recommend opportunities for improvement
- Social and Video advertising expertise: Conduct regular research and education to fully understand and stay abreast of the Facebook/Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and other social advertising ecosystems, either immediately or through company training.
- Cross-functional Coordination & Support: Coordinate with internal teams in order to inform improvements and support various needs – examples include, but are not limited to, product, marketing, operations, finance, etc.
- Review and QA campaign details and ad creative to ensure they comply with specifications.
- Stay abreast of ad copy requirements/specification and ensure that developed ad copy to support campaigns meets those requirements. Propose improvements and provide ad copy recommendations, where necessary
- Investigate and troubleshoot any issue with ad tag implementation, impression or click discrepancies, or other ad serving.
- Monitor and optimize advertising campaigns to ensure targets are met successfully.
- Work closely with internal teams to understand campaign expectations and recommend the appropriate campaign approach.
- Analyze and interpret campaign results to provide insights and suggest improvements to enhance future results and document best practices.
- Support the digital marketing team with on all facets of digital media planning, targeting, buying and reporting
- Develop digital project briefs for external vendors (when required)
- Workback scheduling for campaigns
- Internal approvals coordination
- Monitor campaign delivery against business goals
- Develop, maintain and execute campaign tracking and tagging
- Post-implementation testing and QA
- Management of all working and final campaign files
- Works with internal team on campaign post-mortems, weekly reports gathering and maintenance of project schedules of all accompanying deliverables.
- Ensures projects are on time and budget
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, industry trends, competitive landscape and tools
- Other duties as required
- 2 years’ experience in digital media Campaign Management and optimization with a focus on social media advertising, programmatic buying and display advertising.
- 1 year project coordination experience, preferably in an agency role
- Advance Diploma or post-grad Credential in Marketing, Advertising, Business or other related field.
- Advanced knowledge Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics) and Campaign Management tools, specifically ad servers, DSPs, DMPs and other media buying platforms. (Facebook Advertising Manager, Basis DSP/Centro, DoubleClick)
- This includes tasks related to campaign development, execution, optimization, analysis and reporting. By regularly monitoring campaign data, evaluating tracking and key performance indicator (KPI) strategies and initiating A/B testing activities, the incumbent is also expected to provide meaningful insights and action plans to refine strategies, improve performance and advance further growth.
- Strong analytical capabilities with aptitude for determining the optimal ways to setup, deliver, troubleshoot, and QA campaigns.
- Exposure to and/or interest in online advertising pricing models (CPV, CPC, CPA, CPM)
- Highly motivated with strong self-management, self-pacing, and organizational skills necessary.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy in completing tasks.
- Excellent experience working with Microsoft Excel.
- Google Analytics and Google AdWords Certification preferred.
- Strong grasp of effective paid social principles and best practices
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Tools, particularly Excel, with the ability to manipulate large data sets to enhance reporting capability and build out campaigns.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.