Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Pilon School of Business
Campus: HMC & Davis (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/36
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: September 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Sheridan is a dynamic and award-winning institution of over 23,000 full-time and 18,500 continuing education students with three campuses in three Ontario cities within the GTA - Oakville, Brampton and Mississauga. In 2011, Sheridan's Board of Governors endorsed a bold long term strategic vision: "to establish Sheridan University: a unique undergraduate professional university, developed upon our reputation of creativity and innovation". In the short term, Sheridan is poised to become the top ranked polytechnic institution in Canada dedicated to the student experience. For more about this exciting road ahead, please visit www.sheridanjourney.com.
If you are passionate about teaching and learning, and interested in creating learning experiences that guide students in the development of their critical, creative and reflective thinking capacity, then consider this role for our Advertising Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs.
Candidates should review the course outlines for the folowing courses:
- ADVG18508 – Communication Delivery Channels
- ADVG15490 – Programmatic/Digital Course
- ADVG10846 – Advertising Metrics
- ADVG23623 – Strategic Media Planning
- ADVG27906 – Strategic Media Delivery
- ADVG33551 – Communication Channel Planning
- ADVG34178 – Media Management
- ADVG57028 – Media Overview, Process and Procedures
- ADVG58634 – Media Campaign Strategy and Tactics
Interested candidates must indicate their course interests in their cover letter in order to be considered.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
- Defining, evaluating, and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Creating effective environments for applied learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and methods for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and methods to assess student performance that are consistent with the learning outcomes of the course and address multiple learning styles;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process;
- Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; a PhD or Master’s degree is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years related professional experience with a particular emphasis in Digital and Traditional Media Planning and Buying management.
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of agency account management, and or, sales account management
- Excellent knowledge of Advertising/Media research and analytical tools including familiarity with broadcast/video, print/online and social media measurement databases.
- Practical experience in creating blocking charts, designing and presenting media strategy, pre-buys/post-buys, request for proposals, media POVs, some experience with industry-specific software (both generating and analysing the information such as Infosys+, comScore My Metrix, Clear Decisions, etc.)
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the Advertising and Media industry;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively facilitate learning with a broad range of students;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of word, powerpoint, excel, and other industry standard communication tools
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.