Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Faculty/Department: Information Technology
Employee Group: Administrative
Campus: HMC (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan Campus)
Reference Number: 18/A/43
Hiring Range: $106,873 - $113,552
Salary Range: $106,873 - $133,591
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Reporting to the Director, IT Services (with dotted line to Director, Information and Communication Technology), the Manager, IT Service Desk provides leadership to the focal point of contact for Sheridan IT. This role plays a critical part in establishing IT as a service provider and promotes continuous service improvement culture for Sheridan community. The Manager provides direct leadership and management of IT Service Desk (Call Centre) operations and is accountable for implementation of IT Service Management roadmap. The incumbent will play a crucial role in IT incident management while focusing on meeting service level agreements once established and the provision of services documented in the IT Service Catalogue. This role is responsible for gathering empirical evidence to support critical success factors for IT and IT Services and provides analysis of data to support informed decision making. The Manager is also responsible for leading and coaching IT Service Desk team, budget and projects. He/she represents his/her operations on the IT Leadership team.
• Managing the Call Centre environment while adopting industry’s best practices including IT support of Sheridan’s end-user computing environment --desktop and laptop computers, printers, video conferencing equipment, instructional equipment, other end-user devices and collaboration, audio visual technology -- for use in a variety of settings;
• Developing, guiding and empowering a diverse and high performing team, providing leadership, guidance and direction;
• Optimizing team and department performance. Building professional capacity through effective recruiting, selection, development, mentoring/coaching, workflow/goal setting and ongong performance management and evaluation (including discipline, grievances, terminations) as required;
• Representing the department and the IT division on external project teams and leading internal project teams in area of IT service design, delivery and support;
• Ensuring continual improvement of service provision;
• Providing technical consulting services and is a partner/liaison to campus constituents and Sheridan community;
• Performing Incident Manager role during business and off hours;
• Performs other projects, duties and initiatives as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field, along with 7 years of relevant experience including leadership and service management experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment. (Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience).
• Ability to manage complex, large-scale service operations and projects, and have extensive knowledge of current IT and communication technology trends, products and service delivery processes.
• Required certifications include: ITIL / COBIT service management certifications (or other certifications in front line customer service).
• Courses and/or experience in Principles of Business Analysis and Foundations of BRM – Business Relationships Management are preferred.
• Designation/certification in Project Management and Business Analysis would be considered an asset.
• In depth knowledge of end-user computing and educational technologies; Ability to relate technologies to customer and business requirements
• Sound knowledge of asset management practices
• Facilitation and Business Analysis skills
• Understands process re-engineering and continuous improvement techniques
• Project management skills (mid-large scale cross campus projects)
• Proficiency with desktop applications to prepare reports, metrics, project plans, and presentations
• Outstanding customer service orientation; Experience synthesizing needs of a diverse, demanding client base
• Strong negotiation skills are required as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
• Possess solid time management and organizational skills and proficiency with various desktop applications and call centre management software.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com