Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Faculty/Department: Financial Services
Employee Group: Administrative
Campus: Trafalgar (Oakville) (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan Campus)
Reference Number: 18/A/32
Hiring Range: $94,721 - $100,641
Salary Range: $94,721 - $118,401
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Details: This is a temporary replacement position that may continue for up to 18 months.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting & Systems, the Manager, Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Collections is responsible for managing the operational requirements and providing leadership/oversight for these areas to ensure that complete accounting records are maintained for internal and external purposes and that work is performed in accordance with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and guidelines established by Sheridan, and MAESD (Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
- Managing the operational and technical oversight to the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Collections functions and general office management for Financial Services;
- Managing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable modules of PeopleSoft system and provide technical systems support and leadership to these functions;
- Supervising month-end and year-end accounting procedures related to A/P, A/R and the Student Financial Module of the Student Administration Systems;
- Ensuring complete accounting records are maintained and that work is performed in accordance with accounting standards, and with guidelines established by Sheridan and the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, funding agencies etc.;
- Participating in year-end audit process, providing ongoing revenue analysis and ensuring revenue and expenses are being posted to proper accounts;
- Ensuring that the integrity of the General Ledger is maintained through periodic reviews and reconciliations including participating in the analysis and controls of the GL accounts;
- Providing leadership and operational management direction to team;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administrator or Accounting related degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience (or, an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- Completion of the CPA ,CA/ CGA/ CMA designation is mandatory
- Current working knowledge of Canadian GAAP including PSA (Public Sector Accounting) standards
- Strong Knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills, including financial analysis and experience reconciling accounts
- Strong management /leadership skills
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Advanced Excel)
- Familiarity with Sales Tax e.g. HST
- Prior leadership of similar accounting processes would be an asset
- Ability to manage multiple functions and meet deadlines
- Strong client service skills along with conflict resolution and team building skills
- Superior communication (verbal, written & presentation) skills
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.