Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Information Technology
Campus: Hazel McCallion Campus (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/23
Hourly Range: $36.42 - $42.22
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Application Details: Please note the position has been updated with a change in the job title. Position is being reposted to consider external candidates
Reporting to the Manager, IT Service Desk, the incumbent will play an integral role in all aspects of design, implementation, operation, maintenance and continual improvement of the selected IT Service Management (ITSM) tool for Sheridan. The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to ensure the ITSM tool is built for use and built for purpose by configuring the tool based on the approved processes that encompass the needs of Sheridan while adopting best practices. The incumbent performs technical analysis and builds roadmaps to ensure the development of enhancements, interfaces, fixes, maintenance packs and upgrades are in alignment with the overall ITSM strategy.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Building design plans based on the analysis of requirements and provides recommendations that align with the overall roadmap for IT Service Management;
- Utilizing appropriate integration tools to ensure data and process interconnectivity that drive subsequent user experience;
- Ensuring integration with systems such as, but not limited to, Identity and Access Management (Active Directory), Student Information System, ERP(PeopleSoft), Databases (SQL and Oracle), Call Centre Management System (Cisco), etc.;
- Providing guidance to technical peers and teams within Sheridan community;
- Delivering presentations and providing information sessions to technical teams and other audiences;
- Building training plans for the provision of training on newly developed functionality for Sheridan IT;
- Participating in a customer engagement program by eliciting information, building relationships with key stakeholders and providing technical expertise where necessary;
- Collaborating with the appropriate governance groups to undertake projects and initiatives as well as building reports on the progress;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 3 year diploma/degree in Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience with configuration, deployment and developing customer solutions on IT Service Management platforms (or an equivalent combination or relevant education and experience). Preference will be given to those with experience with Cherwell.
- Completion of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certification is required.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, service management software and remote support software.
- Experience with Cherwell Service Management and Bomgar remote assistance and chat is desired.
- Experience with report writing such as Structured Query Language (SQL) Reporting (SSRS), Crystal Reports, or other reporting tools.
- Technical understanding of Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), Active Directory, PeopleSoft, SQL and Oracle databases, Contact Centre Management (such as Cisco Contact Centre) and associated Application Program Interfaces (APIs).
- Ability to write proprietary APIs specific to the Service Management toolset – Cherwell and Bomgar.
- Demonstrated skills in implementation training, guiding and mentoring full time, part-time and contract employees, and co-op students.
- Demonstrated background in supporting and developing project and service culture.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service attitude and aptitude to establishing and nurturing customer relationships in a progressive environment. Proven ability to engage diverse audience to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrated capability to liaise and collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences and stakeholders.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com