Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time - Appendix G
Faculty/Department: Ancillary Services (Conference Services)
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/15
Hourly Range: $14.00/hour plus 4% in lieu of vacation
Hours/Week: Up to 35
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: Sheridan’s summer conference season runs from April 23 through to September 3, 2018. There will be significant night and weekend work and flexibility will be required. Start date is negotiable.
The Coordinator will provide support to the Conference Services team, working mainly in the Conference Centre and with rental clients on campus, and will take leadership in coordinating various aspects of summer conferences and events, providing administrative support for clients, as well as assisting occasional special events at all campuses.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Answering telephone & email inquiries from internal/external parties; providing exceptional customer service;
- Providing information and quotes regarding the Conference Centre and other rental spaces at Sheridan;
- Creating contracts in Caterease;
- Planning logistical and administrative arrangements with various summer conference groups which can include coordinating A/V, booking classrooms, booking residence suites and confirming catering requirements;
- Meeting with necessary campus departments to arrange for services and equipment;
- Preparing meeting facilities including the completion of room setups, ensuring availability of equipment and assisting clients with last-minute requests (e.g. moving tables, chairs, boxes, etc.);
- Being present at conference/event check-ins and check-outs to greet clients and make sure all needs are being met;
- Enforcing applicable Sheridan regulations and policies;
- Participating in planning, marketing and execution of promotional events and advertising for Conference Services and the Conference Centre;
- Generating and managing daily content updates on social media accounts;
- Brainstorming ideas for marketing campaigns;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be a full-time Sheridan student during the academic year prior to the Summer and returning as full-time Sheridan student for the Fall 2018 semester
- Should be eligible for the Ontario Work Study Program: https://www.sheridancollege.ca/admissions/financial-aid-and-awards/work-study-assistance.aspx
- Strong administrative skills; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Effective communication and troubleshooting skills via phone, email and in-person
- Experience using social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, adaptable, ability to delegate and complete assigned tasks
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects/deadlines at a time
- Commitment and appreciation of Sheridan is necessary; must possess a strong sense of responsibility
- Must have a professional manner and appearance when on duty
- Ability to be diplomatic is essential in this customer service position
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
- Understanding of marketing tools and best practices will be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license will be considered an asset
- A/V knowledge and/or Smart Serve Training will be considered an asset
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.