Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/13
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: May 2018
Application Deadline: March 25, 2018
Application Details: Human Resources maintains a pool of resumes for job seekers interested in teaching part-time at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the MASSIVE Program. Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach in the following courses within M.A.S.S.I.V.E. (Music Applied To Stage, Screen and Interactive Visual Environments)
• MUSI55586 Orchestration 101
To view course outlines, visit: https://ulysses.sheridanc.on.ca/coutline/coutlineview_sal.jsp?appver=sal&subjectCode=MUSI&courseCode=55586&version=2017050800&sec=0&reload=true
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
• Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
• Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses
• Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning
• Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
• Attending periodic faculty meetings
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or a related field of study (Master’s Preferred)
• Minimum of five years related professional experience (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
• Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following: Sibelius, Finale
• Practical experience in at least one of the following: Orchestration for virtual instruments, live small ensembles, Live Orchestra
• Experience with Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Vienna Ensemble Pro
• Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred
• Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the Music for Film & TV industry
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com