Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Faculty/Department: Humanities and Social Sciences
Employee Group: Academic
Campus: Hazel McCallion Campus (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 17/F/57
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: $62,717 -$ 108,723 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Employment Status: Full-time Permanent
Hours: 44 hours / week
Perks and Total Rewards
Generous vacation + December holiday closure
Competitive Health benefits packages'
Maternity/parental leave top-up of 93%
Defined benefit pension plan
Access to Employee Assistance Program
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is seeking a professor who will be responsible for curriculum leadership in the area of Psychology and Creativity. Sheridan is looking for a candidate who has demonstrated expertise in creativity, creative thinking and creative problem solving with a background in one of the following branches of psychology: Cognitive, Social, Industrial-Organization, or Neuroscience. Experience with a recognized creative problem solving methodology would be an asset, as would a strong interdisciplinary bent in the candidate’s field of study. The candidate should be committed to working in a team environment that supports distinctive programming and will be responsible for teaching and developing curriculum in the area of creativity studies.
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs in accordance with the provincial and college guidelines
- Creating an effective environment for applied learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and learning styles
- Designing and revising courses and programs in consultation with the program coordinator, other faculty members, government departments, and potential employers and students
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning, consistent with the learning outcomes of the course, and address multiple learning styles
- Contributing to program development and research that serves the needs of the students across the College with involvement in consultative committees
- Ensuring that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; carrying out regularly scheduled instruction; providing individual and academic tutoring and counselling; and evaluating student progress/achievement within assigned courses
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the applied learning process
- PhD in Psychology required (ABD candidates will be considered)
- Demonstrated expertise in creativity, creative thinking and creative problem solving required
- Three to five years of experience teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level
- Demonstrated ability to conduct applied research
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com