Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Information Technology
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/12
Hourly Range: $33.17 - $38.44
Hours: 3:00pm to midnight
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: Position is being reposted to consider external candidates. Position is subject to shift premium, as per article 7.5
Reporting to the Manager, Campus IT, the incumbent is responsible for the provision and support of IT Services to the Sheridan community while demonstrating outstanding customer service and a high level for the user experience with a commitment to the service excellence. The incumbent is responsible for the support of IT Technology in all learning spaces, offices and common gathering spaces as well as the provision of IT Services as documented in the IT Service Catalogue and specifically accountable for: the collection of user requirements and their analysis; technology recommendations; leading and participation in projects; testing; continual improvement to IT Services and project and service culture.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Performing Campus IT counter duties such as reset passwords, issue laptops, issue ID cards, reserve and issue instructional equipment, removes viruses, etc.;
- Triaging and troubleshooting software and hardware problems for clients. Performs initial troubleshooting of server and network performance issues to determine nature of the problem, number of users affected, etc. Whenever possible, diagnoses and resolves incidents
- Providing advice and options to instructors and troubleshoots technology in classrooms, labs and offices
- Leading and participating in Projects;
- Consulting with IT Service Owners to ensure accurate, timely service provision in accordance with the established service level agreements;
- Training users on IT products, processes and Sheridan specific setup and configuration;
- Recommending improvements to the user experiences and services;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- 3 year diploma/degree in Computer Science or other technology or IT Service related field, along with a minimum 3 years of experience working in a busy technical support environment, processing and problem solving a wide variety of technical inquiries (or an equivalent combination or relevant education and experience). Areas of support must include diagnosing laptop hardware/software issues and resolving problems, user access issues, providing user training or informal instruction on the use of computers, peripherals and software.
- Completion of both the CompTIA A+ certification and the ITIL Foundation certification are required
- Completion of MCSA and/or MCITP certifications would be considered an asset
- Experience in service management while demonstrating business acumen and ensuring a high level for user experience
- Outstanding customer service and a commitment to the customer satisfaction is essential
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication and analytical skills are necessary along with the ability to multi-task effectively and work well as a team member and independently.
- Superb customer relations aptitude and demonstrated customer focused attitude is required
- Ability to work well in stressful environments and work effectively with customers to achieve suitable solutions for all parties.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.