Faculty/Department: Provost and Vice President, Academic
Employee Group: Academic
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan Campus)
Reference Number: 17/A/50
Salary Range: $82,508.00 - $103,135.00
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue up until March 31, 2018.
Reporting to Project Manager, Office of the Provost and Vice President, Academic, the Project Planning Coordinator, Integrated Planning provides project leadership, research, and information for the coordination of planning processes that support Sheridan’s departments. These projects support organizational decision making, policy formulation, strategic planning, college-wide budgeting, and data-driven decision-making to achieve resource optimization in support of Sheridan’s vision and objectives.
- Serving as the key technical and administrative resource (analytics, communications, change leadership for technology platform, project execution) on the Planning Secretariat as project manager/lead;
- Researching best practices for integrated planning; develops options and proposals on planning processes, stakeholder engagement, communication planning, and change management;
- Liaising with supporting departments and leadership (CFO, Provost and VPA, CPOD, Institutional Research and Communication) to ensure alignment across functional areas in the execution of the planning process;
- Providing research and analyses and coordination support for the development/execution of other high priority Sheridan projects;
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders to understand their needs, challenges, and priorities;
- Performs other duties/activities as required.
- Completion of a 4 year Bachelor’s degree along with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience (or, an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- Proven Project leadership skills including experience executing cross-functional project initiatives
- Knowledge of higher education (Sheridan processes preferred)
- Knowledge of integrated strategic and business planning processes
- Analytics and business analytics, Ability to research, interpret data, identify relevant trends and recommend actions; ability to determine the information/data that will enhance decision-making and extract it from various sources
- Strong knowledge of Excel and effective report writing
- Experience with dashboards and metrics
- technology requirements analysis and selection would be considered an asset
- Effective communication (oral and written communication skills to explain complex statistical analysis to decision makers and probe for information to establish needs and respond to requests)
- Influencing skills – Able to find solutions to meet divergent (and often competing ) needs of various stakeholders; ability to diplomatically and effectively challenge status quo with leadership
- Highly Organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Excellent Customer service orientation
- Demonstrated tact, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.