Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Information Technology
Campus: Hazel McCallion Campus (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 17/S/92
Hourly Range: $35.88 - $41.60
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: Position is being reposted with a slight change in qualifications. This is a temporary position that may continue up to August 31, 2018.
Reporting directly to the Manager, IT Service Desk, the incumbent promotes consistent, reliable and audience specific communication and knowledge collection, retention and dissemination. The Coordinator works closely with the IT Leadership Team to ensure a strategic and inclusive approach to IT’s outreach to the Sheridan’s community and IT focal point of contact – Service Desk. The incumbent’s key role and responsibilities include: promoting IT and department related initiatives; coordinating and executing IT College wide announcements and IT related public relations; managing social media and web presence; managing Knowledge Base and “ownership” of knowledge management process; managing and delivering IT’s digital content and signage and managing media and content production.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Expert understanding and practical application of DIKW (Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom) model and good practices;
- Liaising with subject matter experts to research, organize and collect data and information and interpreting it into knowledge and wisdom that is both usable and reusable by IT personnel as well as Sheridan community;
- Developing and participating in the implementation of communication strategies, protocols, plans and documentation to promote and increase perceived value of IT to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Compiling, analyzing and interpreting communication requirements identified by all functional areas within IT and other areas of Sheridan;
- Designing and developing the IT web site and AccessSheridan home pages for employees and students as technology, branding and purpose change, including creating the content infrastructure, navigation and artistic design;
- Providing editorial level of review to others who provide content to ensure consistency and accuracy in spelling, grammar and content for a variety of internal communications, including advisories, announcements, e-bulletins, digital content, and workplace program materials and archiving them for reuse;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a 3-year diploma / degree in English, Business, Media Communication, Public Relations, Journalism (professional writing or technical communications) or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience developing and implementing communication plans, design and development of web based communication strategies, and technical writing in both print and electronic media (or a relevant combination of education and related work experience)
- In depth knowledge of web based software and design tools is required
- Must have Strong familiarity with the basics of responsive design for different devices and browsers
- Experience communicating with different audiences and levels of organization using tact and diplomacy with the ability to present content in a variety of ways for diverse audiences
- Must possess Excellent communication skills and creative outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.