Employee Group:Part-time Contract
Faculty/Department:Faculty of Applied Science & Technology
Campus:May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus
Salary Range:Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Application Deadline:Open until filled
Application Details:The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the School of Applied Computing. Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach in the following courses within the Mobile Computing Degree, Information Systems Security Degree, Computer Systems Technology-Software Development Network Engineering Diploma, and Computer Programmer Diploma.
To view course outlines, visit: www.sheridancollege.ca/academics/programs-and-courses/course-outline-search.aspx
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning preferences.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
• Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses
• Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning
• Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
• Attending periodic faculty meetings
• Master’s degree required (PhD preferred) in Computer Science or a related field of study
• Minimum of 3 years of related professional experience
• Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry (preferred)
• Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following: teaching programming, software engineering, web development, networking & telecommunications, cloud computing, network security, data analytics, mobile web based application development, game development, scripting languages
• Practical experience in at least two of the following: PHP, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, C#, .NET, Java, Python
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
• Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials is requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.