Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Information Technology
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 16/PT/66
Hourly Rate: $50.00 plus 4% vacation
Hours/Week: Up to 24
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Reporting directly to the Director, IT Project Management Office (PMO), and the Specialist is part of a software development team that designs, develops, implements and maintains an integrated set of software systems to support Sheridan’s administrative operations. The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to provide technical support for Sheridan’s CRM application. The incumbent performs technical analysis and development for application enhancements, interfaces, fixes, maintenance packs and upgrades. The incumbent uses technical knowledge to analyze, design and implement system enhancements and interfaces as well as to support existing systems.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Assessing and analyzing requests for enhancements and modifications to the existing PeopleSoft CRM system and implementing where feasible;
• Developing an implementation strategy; designing and testing proposed solutions;
• Verifying that user requirements are met and identifying requirements that do not adhere to existing standards;
• Providing technical support to maintain the existing PeopleSoft CRM system;
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Technology Administration including supporting either Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server platforms;
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft PeopleTools including Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engine, Application Messaging, Component Interface and PeopleSoft Query;
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Integration Broker, Application Messaging and XML;
• Knowledge of PeopleTools and PeopleSoft Internet Architecture including Web, Application and Process Scheduler Servers;
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager, Upgrade Assistant and/or Change Assistant tools;
• Knowledge and basic familiarity with Oracle/PeopleSoft CRM (version 9.0 or later);
• Knowledge of systems analysis, application planning, development, functional and technical documentation, maintenance and management;
• Knowledge of systems configuration, security and resource monitoring;
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a 3 year diploma/degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field along with a minimum of 5 years of structured systems design and development experience in an Oracle/PeopleSoft environment using relational databases (ideally 3 yrs. in Oracle), (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience). Experience working in a PeopleSoft CRM development environment designing, developing and deploying custom solutions as well as experience with PeopleTools 8.53 or later, PeopleCode and Application Engine for PeopleSoft CRM is required. The incumbent must demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment, the ability to problem solve, organize and prioritize duties, make decisions, work independently and deal with conflicting deadlines. The incumbent must be analytical, detail oriented and possess strong time management skills. A strong ability to research, troubleshoot and analyze data issues is also required along with excellent oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with staff and other system users. Applicants will need to be located within travelling distance of Sheridan College.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials is requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.